An alternative sanitiser to chlorine, Fi-Clor Bromine Tablets disinfect pool and spa water by killing bacteria and other potentially harmful organisms. Bromine maintains its efficacy at higher pH values than chlorine and is more stable at higher temperatures. As they are slow dissolving, the tablets give a constant supply of sanitiser over long periods. Fi-Clor Bromine Tablets can be dosed via a circulatory feeder device (brominator) or via a floating dispenser in the case of spas.
- Kills waterborne bacteria
- Comfotable alternative to chlorine
- Ideal for indoor pools and high water temperature
- Convenient to use tablets
DO NOT MIX WITH OTHER PRODUCTS.
DO NOT DISSOLVE BEFORE USE.
Test the water daily with a test kit or with test strips. Total bromine should be maintained at 2 - 4 mg/l* (ppm) in swimming pools and 4 - 6 mg/l *(ppm) in spas. In any event, the bromine level must not be allowed to fall below 2.0 mg/l (ppm).
- Fi-Clor Bromine Tablets should only be dosed via a circulatory feeder device such as a brominator for pools; or via a floating dispenser or the inbuilt feeder in the case of spas.
- Whatever dosing method is used, it is essential to ensure no other chemical treatment is present - never mix different types of sanitiser.
- Always use the feeder in accordance with the manufacturer's operating instructions for isolating the unit and recharging it.
- Initially, half fill the brominator with Fi-Clor Bromine Tablets and adjust the setting on the outlet valve so as to maintain the total bromine readings recommended in '2'. As a rough guide, the initial dose is 2 Fi-Clor Bromine Tablets per 1m3 (220 galls) of water i.e. approximately 100 tablets for the average residential pool of 50m3 (11,000 galls). Over time you should be able to determine the number of tablets required to maintain bromine at the levels required.
- For optimum performance and bather comfort, maintain pH at between 7.2 - 7.6* and use Fi-Clor Non-Chlorine Shock on a regular weekly basis to oxidise organic pollution (bather waste) and to regenerate spent bromine.
*NOTE - For liner swimming pools, please refer to the liner manufactures operating guidelines.
Warning: Do not use together with other products. May release dangerous gases (chlorine).
Precautions: Never mix in their solid state, or in concentrated solution, Fi-Clor (stabilised chlorine) BLUE and (unstabilised chlorine) RED label products. Never mix chemicals, except by dosing into the pool separately and at different times. Never add chemicals to the water when bathers are in the pool. Store in a cool, dry, well ventilated, secure place away from oxidising and reducing agents, eg, petrol, oil, solvents and organic materials; ammonia, fertiliser and nitrogen compounds; strong acids and alkalis. Avoid direct contact with pool chemicals. Should there be skin contact with chemicals, wash thoroughly.
Disposal Dispose of this material and its container to hazardous or special waste collection point. When empty and providing it has been rinsed out on the pool, this container may be disposed of via household recycling.