Fi-Clor Alkalinity Increaser is used to raise the total alkalinity level in swimming pool water. Alkalinity is a measure of the amount of alkali (bicarbonates, carbonates and hydroxides) in the water. If the alkalinity is too low, any chemicals added to the pool will directly affect the pH, causing rapid fluctuations in pH readings. Alkalinity at the correct level will help protect, or 'buffer' the pH.
- Corrects low total alkalinity
- Helps to maintain the pH level
- Ideal for all pools and compatible with all treatment products.
DO NOT MIX WITH OTHER PRODUCTS.
DO NOT DISSOLVE BEFORE USE.
- Take a total alkalinity reading using a test kit or test strips. You will need to raise the total alkalinity if the reading is below 100mg/l (ppm) for pools sanitised with Fi-Clor stabilised chlorines or bromine, or below 80mg/l (ppm) for pools sanitised with Fi-Clor Superfast or Supercapsules.
- Dose a maximum of 500g of Fi-Clor Alkalinity Increaser in the pool water at any one time.
- With the filtration system running, distribute evenly around the pool, avoiding the skimmers.
- Continue filtration and re-test after 24 hours. If the total alkalinity is still low, repeat the dose.
Warning: Do not use together with other products. May release dangerous gases (chlorine).
Precautions: Never mix chemicals, except by dosing into the pool separately and at different times. Never add chemicals to the water when bathers are in the pool. Store in a cool, dry, well ventilated, secure place away from oxidising and reducing agents, eg, petrol, oil, solvents and organic materials; ammonia, fertiliser and nitrogen compounds; strong acids and alkalis. Avoid direct contact with pool chemicals. Should there be skin contact with chemicals, wash thoroughly.
Disposal When empty and providing it has been rinsed out on the pool. this container may be disposed of via household recycling.