Spa pH & Alkalinity Reducer
Fi-Clor Spa pH & Alkalinity Reducer corrects high levels of pH (above 7.6) or alkalinity (above 160mg/l). High pH and/or alkalinity can lead to problems with cloudy water and scaling of surfaces and pipework. High pH will make chlorine sanitisers less effective and high alkalinity can make it difficult to adjust the pH.
- Fast acting
DO NOT MIX WITH OTHER PRODUCTS.
DO NOT DISSOLVE BEFORE USE.
Instructions - to lower pH
- Take a pH reading using test strips or test tablets. If the reading is above 7.6 you will need to lower the pH.
- The dose rate is 10g Fi-Clor Spa pH & Alkalinity Reducer per 1,000 litres (220 galls) of spa water. Each dose decreases the pH by approx 0.2.
- With the circulation system running, dose directly in several areas around the spa, avoiding the skimmer. Only dose when bathing has ceased.
- Continue filtration and re-test after 15 minutes.
- Repeat the treatment until pH falls within the range 7.2-7.6.
Instructions - to reduce alkalinity
- Temporarily stop the circulation, double the dose rate as above and add to spa water in one area. Immediately restart the circulation. Repeat the procedure as required.
Warning: Do not use together with other products. May release dangerous gases (chlorine).
Precautions: Never mix chemicals, except by dosing into the spa separately and at different times. Never add chemicals to the water when bathers are in the spa. Store in a cool, dry, well ventilated, secure place away from oxidising and reducing agents, eg, petrol, oil, solvents and organic materials; ammonia, fertiliser and nitrogen compounds; strong acids and alkalis. Avoid direct contact with pool chemicals. Should there be skin contact with chemicals, wash thoroughly.
Disposal When empty and providing it has been rinsed out on the spa. this container may be disposed of via household recycling.