General Pool Safety
Around the pool
- No running or pushing around the pool side.
- Shower before swimming. This will reduce the amount of bacteria and contaminants that swimmers bring into the pool.
- Keep a life saving ring in the pool area.
- Keep all glass and other breakables away from the pool area.
- Never use electrical appliances around the pool area.
- DO NOT swim during thunder or lightning storms.
Pool safety for children
- A supervising adult should be present whenever children are using the pool.
- Install a sturdy fence around the pool.
- DO NOT back-wash into a stream, river or lake.